Our Science and Social Studies units of study this year are:
- Solar System
- My Country, My Heroes: How national symbols represent patriotism
- Light & Sound: How does light and sound move and/or change?
- Patterns & Cycles: What are patterns and cycles in the natural world? How do scientists observe, record, share?
- Structure and Function: How am I similar to or different from other living things? What basic needs are essential for plants and animals to survive and thrive?
- Health/Safety: Making healthy choices, how to demonstrate appropriate behaviors for safety issues, how to deal with germs, injuries and body fluids
Children are naturally curious when it comes to Science and Social Studies, so we will look forward to the exploration that lies ahead!