Mrs. Culp and Mrs. Tragesser’s Classroom
A “Typical” Daily Schedule
Specials Schedule: Monday: Library Check Out-9:00am-9:15am Tuesday: Music-10:30am-11:00am, Wednesday: P.E.-10:00am-10:30am, Thursday-P.E.-8:00am-8:30am, Friday-Music-10:30am-11:00am
7:50-8:00: Unpack, attendance, pick a “Just Right” book, weekly jobs, review daily schedule, sentence work/analogies
8:00-9:20: Literacy Block (Reading/writing/spelling/speaking instruction)
- Poetry (writing, speaking, sharing and illustrating poetry)
- GuidedReading(Whole class instruction on reading strategies; fiction and non-fiction)
- Writing (writing workshop, essay, imaginative, memoir and narrative pieces).
- Question of the Day/Daily Oral Language/sentence work/skills
- Spelling (word study, spelling patterns, phonics, usage, spelling rules)
- Buddy reading with our kindergarten friends
9:20-9:30: Morning Recess
9:45-10:30: Number Corner/ Cursive/Telling Time/Free Reading/Mad Minutes/Spanish
- Number Corner (calendar, money, time, temperature, arrays, patterns)
- Cursive Handwriting Instruction and Practice
- Telling Time Workbooks
- Free Reading (twice a week)
- Mad Minutes (timed math fact practice)
- Rosetta Stone Software and activities
10:30-11:30: Math Block
- Whole group instruction to teach key skills and concepts in the context of problem solving. Students apply these skills in math activities, hands on practice and computation work.
11:30-12:00: SSR (Self Selected Reading)/Reading Conferences-Silent reading of a “Just Right” book
11:30-12:00: Spanish Language Instruction by Carmenza-Wednesdays
12:30-1:00: Lunch/Read Aloud
1:00-2:00: Thematic Studies-Social Studies/Science/Art Projects/Class Meeting
- OregonGeography, Voting/Democracy, Weather, Native Americans, Pioneers, Environmental Impacts on Organisms, Structure/Function, Interactions of Forces
2:00-2:10: Clean up and Pack up…Home!
*There are MANY variations in this schedule to include special projects, integrated themes, class meetings and “teachable moments!” Please use this schedule simple as a guide.